New Advisory Board Members Named
The new advisory board members of the Filipino Nursing Diaspora (FiND) Network have been appointed because of their professional and personal commitment to Filipino nursing, their knowledge of the nursing communities they serve, and their unique perspectives about the concerns and experiences of individuals in those communities.
The inaugural Advisory Board members include:
1. Dr. Danet Bluhm (North America) - Associate Professor, University of Texas at San Antonio
2. Dr. Rozzano Locsin (Far East) - Professor Emeritus, Tokushima University (Japan) and Florida Atlantic University (United States)
3. Dr. Jed Montayre (Oceania) - Senior Lecturer, University of Western Sydney
4. Dr. Mark Santos (Middle East) - Clinical Nursing Specialist, Hamad Medical Corporation, Qatar
5. Mr. Floro Cubelo (Europe) - President of Philippine Nurses Association Nordic Region, Finland
"The Advisory Board will provide advice to solve business problems, explore new opportunities by stimulating robust, quality conversations and provide current knowledge, critical thinking and analysis to increase the confidence of the decision-makers who represent the FiND Network", Prof. Lopez further said.
Dr. Cindy Leigh, FiND Director for Education, said: "That’s very much in line with FiND’s vision of enhancing the role and value of the Filipino nurses across the globe. I’m really pleased to be able to collaborate with our Advisory Board."